Monday, April 30, 2007

Creepiness , Shame , and Violence.














Where to begin.



Thursday night began at sharkeez with my coworkers and I engaged in a vital flip cup tournament that I had managed to botch last time around. This victory would prove to them that I was not a failure and I could achieve victory in such a momentous tournament. Unfortunately for us, deep into the second round the taller of our teammates began to lose composure and proceeded to have a nervous breakdown whilst attempting to flip his cup to the upright position. We lost. The night wasnt all for not however when we stumbled upon a group of women that soon doubled in size. Before team “donkey show” knew it we were surrounded by 7 girls gleaming with overactive hormones.

“I have a butterfly, it’s the best friend a girl could have. But I do prefer the real thing of course.”

It wasn’t that simple however. The conversation began at a table with several friends and a pack of fresh deer waiting for the slaughter. The woman I quoted earlier was the wounded baby deer struggling to keep pace with the pack or heard or what ever the fuck you call a group of deer. We talked, we laughed, I stared at the ground in an attempt to not vomit and or fall over the tornado of dramatic screams and hand movements from my pal and his fresh ex girlfriend. It was getting late and I attempted to throw out the cliché -I live with my mom and I want to get laid comment -”so you want to go back to your place.” She responded to my shame filled statement by subtly letting me know she had a visitor staying with her over the weekend. Like the giant meatball that I am I said “who the fuck is this visitor and why can’t I come over.” She replied “ Martha is staying with me for a few days”… immediately I got the mental picture of a sweet old lady knitting blankets for her sleazy daughters 8 kids which she will no doubt have in 2 years (don’t ask me why). I had nowhere to take her and I was done like the Lawrence family toilette after thanksgiving dinner. if I were any good at getting laid I would have asked her to comeback to my buddies house and or bang it out in the car with me…but no , I waited for another opening. Maybe I could go with her to her friend’s house, maybe she had a really neat guest house that I didn’t even know about. Then like Medusa turning her victims to stone she laid it on me….”Martha is actually the name of my period.”……. what is a 22 year old man who is pissed out of his mind supposed to do in this situation . Like any gentleman would, I asked her when her wound was going to heal and I took down her number.

I stumbled into the office the next morning with bleeding eyes and scorched rectum from that mornings nauseating acid release that some call their morning glory.( I call it phase one or a fissure eruption). That week we were lacking in production at the office so we had a Friday “ pump up meeting” as a pathetic attempt to rally the fiends and degenerates that they call employees into getting 10 more deals in before the end of the day. To those of you who have never worked in the mortgage industry, and those of you who have but not in today’s market. This is like asking Michael Jackson to stop touching little Timmy in his naughty place. It’s not gunna happen. After a round of applause and a couple giggles the team was chained back to their cubicles and the pace drum started once again. Not only am I on the verge of soiling myself at this point, I am teetering on the brink of sanity. Somehow out of some divine strength I kept it together enough to make it through the rest of the day.
Friday night I decided that even though I was strickend by a powerful hang over and 4 hours of sleep I would venture out to The Hen with my friendly neighborhood ex professional baseball player. Although I had met another group of women and had a great time, the night eventually ended in failure with the ultimate goal unattained.

Although it was nice to sleep in my own bed friday night, I awoke Saturday morning with a bloated belly and an underlying feeling of nausea. I layed under my covers enveloped with an overpowering feeling of anxiety and dread for the bbq/going away party that was to begin at 5 o’clock. You might say to yourself what is this kid’s deal, every fat guy loves a bbq. Don’t get me wrong, I love free beer , dip, and carne asada. That is not what frightened me. Many moons back at a party thrown at my house I was essentially taken advantage of by one of my buddy’s girlfriend’s acquaintances. I remembered bits and pieces of the experience but it was like I was watching from outside my body and had no control over what was going on. The next day I had to hear the missing pieces of the story from my co workers. It ranks in the top three most embarrassing/shameful experiences of my life. The really aggravating aspect of it is that the girl who did this made it public knowledge the next day, and completely humiliated me. She then turned it around on me like I was the bad guy , telling my friends/employees that I had done all of these extreme things that I had no recollection of ect ect. It’s almost as if she was looking for a scapegoat for past relationships which had gone wrong and decided to posterize a reasonably good person to vent her anguish. Ok, apparently I gave her an incorrect number to call me on which was probably my subconscious acting at that point saying that you want no part of this women. Especially because she was completely sober and I could not walk let alone think. Any way , I knew that on Saturday by going to this bbq that I would inevitably have a run in with this woman where she would no doubt embarrass me to the point where I could not speak.

I arrived at the party at five o’clock giving a short glance and a hello to the previously mentioned. A short while passed and I was mingling, drinking, and schmoozing like a soccer mom hopped up on valium and a couple bottles of champagne. Little did I know that I was about to become the laughing stock of this bbq. I don’t want to go into details because I want to retain some dignity but I will tell you that at one point almost every person at this bbq had a witty comment or smart ass remark in response to any thing I had to say. In an effort to release the shame and prove that I could make fun of my self better than anyone else could I began picking up my cell phone and pretending to call my mom and ask her to pick me up. The shame…my self deprecation had reached a new low. At any other party with any other group of people I would have taken action and reacted in accordance with the humiliation that was being welded into my soul in these disastrous moments, but for some reason I could not. It was like I was a Vietnam War veteran in the midst of a terrible flash back. I became desperate, I began shoveling truck loads of whatever food I could find into my mouth in an effort to forget this devilish creature following and tormenting me at every turn. I was rescued from torment when Mario requested that I drive him home because he had a few too many gallons of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Thank god , the barbecue was over and I had made it out alive. On the way to Mario’s house we stopped at the class of 47 for a few Jager bombs and a quick laugh. We got back to his beach abode and immediately decided that because it was his good friend’s birthdays, we would get some beer and call over the usual suspects to pre-game before we meander our way to the bars later on that evening. The rest of the “ donkey show” showed up with 20 packs of Coors Light in hand and cigarette in mouth. I knew at that moment this night would soon resort to drunken godlessness and sub human debauchery.

The guests arrived and we continued to ingest an unhealthy amount of alcohol. Jon pulled his usual stunt and shoved a giant syringe in an almost primitive phallic ritual into several people’s mouths spraying J & B down their soon to be raw throats. After several beers and a few cartons of smokes we were headed to the Stag Bar, a breeding ground for bad haircuts, way too many tattoos, and male jewelry. “Drink that you fucking pussy” Graeme screamed as he ordered a round of Jager and beers. This repeated itself to the t at least 5 times . Following the last round of German oil I stepped outside and ran into an old friend from several years back. We chatted a while, yelled obscene things at married women and parted our ways with a handshake and a smile. A few minutes later the lovely celestial bartender handed me a mystery shot and pointed across the bar. I saw my old pal from outside give me a thumbs up from the other side of the bar. The shot smelled of gasoline. Like any good drunk however I could not turn down a free drink. I plugged my nose and dove in. At the immediate moment I slammed the glass to the ground I began to taste stomach acid and chili cheese dip. The first wave of vomit was repelled with the palm of my hand and a quick swallow. There was no time to think I had to act fast, Graeme slaps me and points to a clear line of site outside. As I barrel down on the door I am confronted with numerous drunkards who I have no choice but to run over, regardless of gender. I made it outside and unleash the violent fury of a thousand bowls of chili onto an innocent yellow cab. It seemed that everyone but the cab driver and the bouncers had seen my pathetic attempt as a human super soaker. No big deal I told my self, just walk it off, just walk it off. There is nothing like the taste of vomit and a cigarette. I regained my composure and made my way back in to the bar. When I reached my old position at the bar my friends had taken a turn for the worse. The evil began to build in my companions eyes when their attempts at picking up strange women ended in embarrassment and rejection. They were soon offering lewd comments and rapist like stares across the bar to any women deemed bang-able. An hour later the bar shut down but my friends and I did not. I found myself at the local donut shop paying for 6 ham and cheese croissants as my pals were feeding bums donuts, drinking vodka with the crazy banjo guy, and taking enormous bites out of every croissant that was carried out that front door whether the owner was a friend or just an innocent by standard. Our drunken side show soon made its way back to Mario and Jon’s house where we immediately began beating piss out of each other. At first I did not participate, all I heard was: “ get that cock you fucking pussy” “ you’re in bounty county now Focker,” “ you fucking bitch! You fucking bitch!”, and finally “ why are you doing this.” Soon the tornado of drunken fury came to me and I was in the middle of a drunken brawl. The brawl ended sometime around 330- 4 pm. I remembered going to sleep as someone was throwing up and screaming my fucking arm, I thought you were my friend. Apparently we as a group suffered from several injuries: 3 knock outs/concussions , sprained fingers, bloody hands, a hyper extended arm, and bleeding from the ear along with numerous cuts , scratches, and bruises.
I learned a valuable lesson last weekend. Do not involve yourself in situations that offer nothing but embarrassment , pet names for bodily functions, and head blood. Also watch out for drunken mad women with pace makers waving their cane’s around trying to club the guy who said she had a fat ass.

1 comment:

Braff said...

It took me 3 months, but I finally finished your post... perhaps you could break them up into multi-parters or something???

I can only take up so much of my own valuable time...